Monday, December 20, 2010

Mini Reviews: The Body Finder, The Sky Is Everywhere, and Tell Me A Secret

So I was voting on a list on Goodreads and saw that it was Kristi from the Story Siren's list for the 2010 Debut YA and Middle Grade Authors. So here are some mini-reviews for some book I've read and loved butt for some reason I don't remember, didn't review.

Rating: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Ending: 5/5

This book is so original and well-written you can't help but love it. I remember reading this in class for days because I couldn't put it down! Violet is just the everygirl teenager and I felt like I related to her--you know, besides being able to smell murderers and track dead things. And then, like any YA novel, the romance. Jay is a great guy and I wish he was real! He and Violet definetly belong together and I loved the tension and the scenes with them. One of the reasons this book is different is because there's an adult's perspective, in this case the murderer. I think it was great that we got to see his side of things and experience his life--it made the story more rich and real in my opinion.




Rating: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Ending: 5/5

Such a sad topic but a fun, intense read. After Lennie's sister suddenly dies, she and her grandmother don't know how to move on. Lennie's situation becomes even more confusing when she starts having little trysts with her late sister's boyfriend, Toby. But wait, there's more. She's also falling for the new French boy, Joe. They both fufill her but for different reasons. Lennie needs help to accept her sister's death, fgure out who she really loves, and get back to her life of music

 


Rating: 4.5/5
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 4.5/5
Ending: 4.5/5

Like many of the debut novels of 2010, there was a lot of buzz surrounding this novel. I think I was expecting something a little different going into this book. I thought Miranda was really in love with her boyfriend and that the story would be a little darker but nonetheless, the book was great and emotional and I loved it! I cried and was so tense while I was reading this book. I felt so bad for Miranda and wanted to slap all the people who hurt her! My mom was a teen mother so I was wondering the whole time what her experience was like. But I recommend this book to everyone it just might not be what you expected.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will give The Body Finder a try, I have heard great things. YA is not my favourite but this one I think I will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I read them all!