Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Torn (Trylle Trilogy #2) by Amanda Hocking Review

From Goodreads: Wendy thought she finally understood who she was and what she wanted, but everything changes when the rival Vittra come after her.

She's caught between two worlds, torn between love and duty, and she must decide what life she is meant to lead.


Rating: 4.5/5

Plot: 4/5

Characters: 4.5/5

Ending: 4/5



If you read my review of Switched, it should be no surprise that I also loved Torn. Amanda Hocking keeps jumping up my list of favorite authors. The world she creats is so complex but also simple, just like her writing.

In the second book in the series, Wendy is learning more about the trylle world and her family secrets. As if her secret family history isn't enough to deal with, she's forced back into her complex raleationship with Finn and struggles to find out where she belongs. Torn picks up exactly where Switched left off. Wendy and Rhys are visitng Matt and Wendy naively believes they'll be able to stay with no problems. I just laugh when she thinks like that! If I were her, I'd want people following me everywhere I go, especially if I had family surrounding me.

I loved this book but I though t was more like a mini-story. I think it was a little too short to be a whole book. The ending was good and very intriguing but my mind kept thinking there should me more coming. Overall though, I loved this book and Amanda Hocking is a fantastic writer! I mean, did you notice how many times I wrote "I loved..."? Really now...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I read them all!