Sunday, July 25, 2010

Top 5 Sundays


Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life is hosting a new weekly feauture called Top 5 Sundays. Every Sunday she'll post a TOP 5 list on her blog. It can be about anything and every week she'll have a new theme. You can then add you link to the Mr. Linky with your list for the theme.

Rules:


1. Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme chosen for the week.
2. Mention Larissa's Blog on the post and link back to it.
3. Fell free to use the Feature's image for your post.
4. After you've finished your post, add your link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.

Childhood & Early Teenage Years Books:

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Ray Cruz

I loved these books as a kid! I thought they were hilarious and Alexander was my favorite character.




The Warrior Series by Erin Hunter

I started readn this series in 5th grade, when I joined the Reading Olympic Team. I really liked the story and read them all quickly. i asked for the newest one for Christmas one year, and I still feel guilty that  haven't read it. By that time, I was donw with adventure and the hormones had kicked it.






Magic Tree House #9- Dolphins at Daybreak by Mary Pope Osborne

Probably my favorite series as a kid! I read this book in the series in 2 hours. It was one the books that got me into reading. I wouldn't enjoy them now, but I would definetely recommend them to anyone's kids!






Undine (Undine #1) by Penni Russon

At this time in my early teen years, I was a library shopper. That's how I learned of books. So I was captured by the beautiful covers of these books. I loved the first book in the series, but now that I look back on it, I think it was just one of the books I read that wasn't a "kiddie" book. Therefore, I just loved it so much. By the time I got around to the 2nd book in the series, Breathe, I was a little more educated in my reading taste.




Number the Stars by Lois Lowry/ Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

These are 2 books that I read in 6th grade with my class. It was required reading but I loved them! 6th grade was the year I became interested in history and a lot of it was because of Number the Stars. Both of these books made me cry, but that's why I loved them more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I read them all!