Thursday, July 15, 2010

Claire de Lune Sequel....and Contest!

Hanover Falls hasn’t had a werewolf problem in over one hundred years. Seattle, Copenhagen, Osaka–they’ve had plenty of attacks. But when humans begin dying in Claire Benoit’s town, the panic spreads faster than a rumor at a pep rally. At Claire’s sixteenth birthday party, the gruesome killings are all anyone can talk about. But the big news in Claire’s mind is the fact that Matthew Engle–high-school soccer god and son of a world-renowned lycanthropy expert–notices her. And flirts with her. A lot.

That night, Claire learns that she is the latest in a long line of Benoit werewolves, and that contrary to popular belief, all werewolves are female. Killing humans is forbidden by the code of the pack, but a rogue werewolf has been breaking that law, threatening the existence of Claire’s new pack. As the pack struggles to find and fight the rogue werewolf and Claire struggles with her lupine identity, her heart and her loyalties are torn in two. Claire must keep her new life a secret from even her best friend–and especially from Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt…and with whom Claire is impossibly and undeniably falling head-over-paws in love.

I have yet to read this, but it's on my list! Hopefully, I'll get to it by the end of the summer because it sounds pretty good. And...so I can become a crazy fan who is counting down the days to the sequel. And, hey! Speaking of the sequel...Christine Johnson, the author, is holding a contest to any book blogger who will have the honor of telling the world the sequel title! From her post:

"As you may know from my Twittering/Facebooking, the sequel to CLAIRE DE LUNE has a title, and I’m ready to announce it – or rather, I’m ready for one of YOU to announce it.
When the contest ends, I will email the contest winner the sequel’s AWESOME title (and any other applicable stuff: see the “details” section below) and they will have 24 hours to do whatever they want with that information. Blog it, tweet it, write it in the sky . . . After the winner releases the title, I’ll blog/tweet/Facebook about it, linking back to the winner.

If I get over 20 entrants, I’ll also include 6 signed bookplates, for giveaway or to keep, whichever the winner wants. If I get over 30 entrants, I’ll include a signed copy of CLAIRE DE LUNE and the bookplates, and if I get over 40 entrants, I’ll include all those goodies plus an interview/guest post for the winning blog.

If you run a book-related blog, you’re eligibile to win. (Non-book-bloggers – don’t fret! I’ll have a contest especially for you next week!)

To enter, simply tweet: “I want to get the title scoop on the #clairedelune sequel by @cjohnsonbooks” for one entry.

You can link to the contest on Facebook it (please leave a link to your post in the comments) or post about it on your blog (please leave a link in the comments) for one entry each.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POSTED BY MIDNIGHT, EST, ON SUNDAY THE 18th.

The winner will be drawn randomly on Monday morning, and I’ll email the winner at 9 a.m. EST – the twenty-four hour countdown begins then.

If you have questions, please send me an email or leave ‘em in the comments. Thanks and good luck!"

I have to say, this is an awesome contest and very original! Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I read them all!