OK. So this giveaway is so awesome I decided I had to create a whole post dedicated to it. The awesome author of The Dark Divine, Bree Despain, is holding a giveaway to celebrate the new TDD trailer. It's pretty cool, btw. If you don't believe me, here it is:
It's Bree's Book-Bag Blowout!
She has MANY books and lots are signed. Some are highly coveted advanced copies. All are fabulous. One very very lucky person may even win a signed advanced copy of THE LOST SAINT; the sequel to THE DARK DIVINE.~crossing fingers~
The goal is to share her new book trailer with as many people as possible- which we can do.
Here's what we do:
1. Start by sharing links to the TDD trailer and telling your friends about this contest. You can embed the youtube video on your own website/blog/facebook etc. or simply send people a link to this post. Youtube will track how many views the video gets.
2. For every 500 views the trailer gets in the next 2 weeks, she will add a book to the book-bag. (Up to 5500 views.)
3. Up to 3000 views, the winner of the book-bag can choose books from Group A. (Scroll down to see all the books the winner can choose from in Group A.)
4. After 3000 views, and up to 5000 views, the winner can choose books from both Group A and Group B. (Scroll down to see all the books the winner can choose from in Group B.)
5. After 5500 views, the winner of the book-bag will also get a signed ARC of THE LOST SAINT.
6. That makes 11 books total that the winner will receive. YAYYY!
7. But wait, that's not all! If by some huge push of awesomeness, the TDD trailer manages to get 50,000 views in the next 2 weeks . . . the awesome Bree will put a brand new 16G Apple iPad in the book-bag for the winner!
8. You must provide proof of sharing the trailer in the comments of Bree Despain's post from her blog. Leave a link to anything you do online so she can verify. You can share it in as many places possible, and enter as many times as you'd like. You will receive one entry into the contest for each time you share the trailer. You will receive bonus entries for telling people about the contest, and another bonus entry for being a follower of the blog.
9. Please be honest. The point of this contest is to share the trailer with as many people possible. I know you'll want to watch it more than once . . .who wouldn't? . . . but please don't try to play it a hundred times yourself just to up the view count. Youtube will actually freeze the view count if too many views are coming from the same IP address--so cheating will actually impair the contest, rather than help.
10. The contest runs between June 30th until 11:59pm on July 14th, 2010. The winner will be announced on July 15th
Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon (ARC)
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Hardcover)
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (Hardcover)
Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler (Hardcopy)
The Princess and The Snowbird by Mette Ivie Harrison (Hardcopy)
Palace Beautiful by Sarah DeFord Williams (Hardcopy)
Princess For Hire by Lindsey Leavitt (Hardcopy)
Jungle Crossing by Sydney Salter (Hardcopy)
Plain Kate by Erin Bow (ARC)
The Absolute Value of -1 by Steve Brezenoff (Hardcopy)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Hardcopy)
Here, There Be Dragons by James A. Owen (Paperback)
The Indigo King by James A. Owen (Hardcopy)
The Darkness Under The Water by Beth Kanell (Hardcopy)
The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy (ARC)
The Invisible Order by Paul Crilley (ARC)
Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have by Allen Zadoff (ARC)
Scones and Sensibility by Lindsay Eland (ARC)
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Okler (Paperback)
Beastly by Alex Flinn (Paperback)
Things I Know About Love by Kate Le Vann (Hardcover)
The Boy Who Could Fly by James Norcliffe (Hardcopy)
The Only Alien On The Planet by Kristen D. Randle (Paperback)
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (ARC)
Torment by Laurn Kate (ARC)
Matched by Ally Condie (ARC)
The Duff by Kody Keplinger (ARC)