Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays




This week's theme, from The Broke and the Bookish, is a freebie! This is also the first time I believe that I've participated in this meme, so it's a good week to start I think :-)

Top Ten Authors (I think this was used before but it's a start for me)

  1. Ellen Hopkins- Everything she writes is real and so addicting, pun intended,
  2. Sarah Dessen-  She knows the words of the teenage soul. She got me to love reading and trust in books.
  3. Richelle Mead- Vampires, sexy guys, sexy people, sexy stories, but with some class throw in there.
  4. Susane Colasanti- Like Sarah Dessen, but she has a flair that gives a sense of adventure and makes me feel special for being able to learn about her characters.
  5. MaryJanice Davidson- Erotica but not quite; I love her storylines and the humor in her novels.
  6. Lili St. Crow- Fierce characters, wonderful writing, and it feels like it's past YA, for mature teens.
  7. Chevy Stevens- I read her first book, Still Missing, and knew I was lucky to have the ARC in my hands. I just bought her next book and cannot wait to read it.
  8. P.C. Cast- So imaginative and I feel like I'm actually friends with the author and the characters, like we're one big group of friends!
  9. Jodi Picoult- She seems like more than a writer to me; she's a philosopher of life and feels like my psychologist at times. She can also tell a story so well and every word seems in the right place.
  10. Khaled Hosseini- Wow. What can I say? Talented. Cultured. The Man? There is so much depth to his stories and he really is an inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Great top ten. Love your blog!
    newest follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I read them all!