Sunday, August 1, 2010

Top 5 Sundays (2)



Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life is hosting a new weekly feauture called Top 5 Sundays. Every Sunday she'll post a TOP 5 list on her blog. It can be about anything and every week she'll have a new theme. You can then add you link to the Mr. Linky with your list for the theme.

Rules:


1. Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme chosen for the week.
2. Mention Larissa's Blog on the post and link back to it.
3. Fell free to use the Feature's image for your post.
4. After you've finished your post, add your link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.

Favorite Movie Soundtracks



Augusta, Gone technically doesn't have a soundtrack, as far as I know, but I think it deserves one. Not only do I love this movie but I think the music got the message across more. I discovered Avril Lavigne's song "Nobody's Home" watching this movie and I love it.






August Rush is another one of my favorite musical movies. The story is really sweet and the music is awesome. I love the song Jonathan Rhys Meyers' sings toward the end. Plus, he's also smokin' hot! I'm not too much of a fan of classical music, but when it's good, it's good.

What can I say. I think Grease speaks for itself. Who doesn't love Grease? And John Travolta. Although, I watched it in English class the last day of school and realized for the first time how stupid the ending is. I mean, why couldn't they have drived away and not fly? They ruined it, but the music stands for itself. My favorite song from Grease.......this is hard, but I'd have to say "Beauty School Dropout" by Frankie Avalon.
This is one of my fave soundtracks because I love all the groups featured: Smashing Pumpkins, Taking Back Sunday!!!!!!!, Goo Goo Dolls, Linkin Park, Mutemath, and many more. But I remember when the movie first came out I listened to "Before It's Too Late" by Goo Goo Dolls on demand every. Single. Day. Also, one of my favorite bands-who created my favorite soundtrack of all time- Taking Back Sunday had a song on the soundtrack. I wasn't featured in the movie, but it's still an awesome song!

I was a super, humungo, crazy-obsessed Twilight fan so of course I bought the album, which included a free poster of James! I listened to this cd all the time and although, I already knew of some of the bands, it made me love them more. I love Muse, Paramore, and Linkin Park. But I also found one of my favorite, slow-paced songs "Flightless Burd, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine. If you haven't listened to this song or any of the other soundtracks, you should!


This is purely for my pleasure. Isn't he cute????


3 comments:

  1. Awesome list hon!!! I dont know the first two movies though =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna comment on your soundtrack list but then I got distracted by Jonathan...sigh.
    Lol, Grease is on my list too and August Rush was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the first movie, Augusta, Gone is a Lifetime movie that's barely EVER on tv. And Jonathan is very....distracting. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I read them all!